Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raju_insights
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Email and Text alerts in Qlik Sense

Hi Techies,

Is it possible to trigger an alert to automatically send emails or text msgs at fixed intervals or based on data loaded in qlik sense.

How do I achieve that ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Currently there is not a trigger email function in Sense.  If you need this functionality I'd look at QlikView as there is the option to trigger an email on load and also you have nPrinting which gives you more customisation of how,when and to who you send emails.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Currently there is not a trigger email function in Sense.  If you need this functionality I'd look at QlikView as there is the option to trigger an email on load and also you have nPrinting which gives you more customisation of how,when and to who you send emails.

raju_insights
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Andy Weir, Thanks for the reply. But I am working on Qlik Sense. I need details for Qlik Sense. At least I came to know there is no option for that.

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Rangarajan,

I have found a work around for this.

Check this out: Automatic Alerts(Email)

Not applicable

Hi Sangram Reddy,

Could you plaese explain liitle bit  where to write  these code and we needs to change anything in Settings .Ini

Please Guide me.

Thanks.

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Ramraj,

This is a python code which is schedules using the windows task scheduler.

Thanks,

Sangram Reddy.

Not applicable

Thanks for your reply , to run this python code we need to install any software. I have some doubt how u will extract the data from QLIK SENSE automatically is there any batch file is there.

Thanks in Advance.

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Ramraj,

You will have to install python for this which is an open source once done, you will be able to compile the code using the python interpreter. I use the log files to look for any errors and report on those.

Thanks,

Sangram Reddy.

santho_ak
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Check out this. Hope, this will be helpful.

Qlik Branch

Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlik Branch works well to monitor back end timer jobs. However, are there any tools to monitor dashboard KPIs.

A good use case would be to notify the Helpdesk Manager when support tickets have failed service level agreements, or the profit margin of a product line has fallen below 10%.