Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Engine API - GetTablesAndKeys column order

Hi,

The GetTableAndKeys method doesn't return the fields in column order.

I want to use the data to output table headings (I can then use GetTableData to get the table data.)

Is this a bug? What's an alternative method to retrieve source table columns in the correct order?

thanks,

Shane.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

So, the GetTableAndKeys method call doesn't return columns in the correct order, but...

if I pass in a -1 for the offset in the GetTableData method call, I get the column names as the first row.  At least now I get a match between data and column names (even if the column names aren't strictly in the same order).

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Some more info:

The script that loads the data:

Characters:

Load Chr(RecNo()+Ord('A')-1) as Alpha, RecNo() as Num autogenerate 26;

The result:

NumAlpha
A1
B2
C3
D4
E5
F6
G7
H8
I9
J10
K11
L12
M13
N14
O15
P16
Q17
R18
S19
T20
U21
V22
W23
X24
Y25
Z26

The JSON for the GetTableData:

{"jsonrpc":"2.0","id":4,"result":{"qData":[{"qValue":[{"qText":"A","qNumber":0},{"qText":"1","qIsNumeric":true,"qNumber":1}]},{"qValue":[{"qText":"B","qNumber":0},{"qText":"2","qIsNumeric":true,"qNumber":2}]},{"qValue":[{"qText":"C","qNumber":0},{"qText":"3","qIsNumeric":true,"qNumber":3}]},{"qValue":[{"qText":"D","qNumber":0},{"qText":"4","qIsNumeric":true,"qNumber":4}]},{"qValue":[{"qText":"E","qNumber":0},{"qText":"5","qIsNumeric":true,"qNumber":5}]},{"qValue":[{"qText":"F","qNumber":0},{"qText":"6","qIsNumeric":true,"qNumber":6}]},{"qValue":[{"qText":"G","qNumber":0},{"qText":"7","qIsNumeric":true,"qNumber":7}]},{"qValue":[{"qText":"H","qNumber":0},{"qText":"8","qIsNumeric":true,"qNumber":8}]},{"qValue":[{"qText":"I","qNumber":0},{"qText":"9","qIsNumeric":true,"qNumber":9}]},{"qValue":[{"qText":"J","qNumber":0},{"qText":"10","qIsNumeric":true,"qNumber":10}]},{"qValue":[{"qText":"K","qNumber":0},{"qText":"11","qIsNumeric":true,"qNumber":11}]},{"qValue":[{"qText":"L","qNumber":0},{"qText":"12","qIsNumeric":true,"qNumber":12}]},{"qValue":[{"qText":"M","qNumber":0},{"qText":"13","qIsNumeric":true,"qNumber":13}]},{"qValue":[{"qText":"N","qNumber":0},{"qText":"14","qIsNumeric":true,"qNumber":14}]},{"qValue":[{"qText":"O","qNumber":0},{"qText":"15","qIsNumeric":true,"qNumber":15}]},{"qValue":[{"qText":"P","qNumber":0},{"qText":"16","qIsNumeric":true,"qNumber":16}]},{"qValue":[{"qText":"Q","qNumber":0},{"qText":"17","qIsNumeric":true,"qNumber":17}]},{"qValue":[{"qText":"R","qNumber":0},{"qText":"18","qIsNumeric":true,"qNumber":18}]},{"qValue":[{"qText":"S","qNumber":0},{"qText":"19","qIsNumeric":true,"qNumber":19}]},{"qValue":[{"qText":"T","qNumber":0},{"qText":"20","qIsNumeric":true,"qNumber":20}]},{"qValue":[{"qText":"U","qNumber":0},{"qText":"21","qIsNumeric":true,"qNumber":21}]},{"qValue":[{"qText":"V","qNumber":0},{"qText":"22","qIsNumeric":true,"qNumber":22}]},{"qValue":[{"qText":"W","qNumber":0},{"qText":"23","qIsNumeric":true,"qNumber":23}]},{"qValue":[{"qText":"X","qNumber":0},{"qText":"24","qIsNumeric":true,"qNumber":24}]},{"qValue":[{"qText":"Y","qNumber":0},{"qText":"25","qIsNumeric":true,"qNumber":25}]},{"qValue":[{"qText":"Z","qNumber":0},{"qText":"26","qIsNumeric":true,"qNumber":26}]}]}}

The JSON for the GetTablesAndKeys:

• "jsonrpc":"2.0",
  • "id":3,
  • "result":{
    • "qtr":[],
      1. {},
        • "qName":"Characters",
        • "qNoOfRows":26,
        • "qFields":[],
          1. {},
            • "qName":"Num",
            • "qOriginalFields":[
                ],
              1. "qPresent":true,
              2. "qInformationDensity":1,
              3. "qnNonNulls":26,
              4. "qnRows":26,
              5. "qSubsetRatio":1,
              6. "qnTotalDistinctValues":26,
              7. "qnPresentDistinctValues":26,
              8. "qKeyType":"PERFECT_KEY",
              9. "qTags":[
                1. "$key",
                2. "$numeric",
                3. "$integer"
                ],
              10. "qDerivedFields":[
                  ]
              11. {
                • "qName":"Alpha",
                • "qOriginalFields":[
                    ],
                  1. "qPresent":true,
                  2. "qInformationDensity":1,
                  3. "qnNonNulls":26,
                  4. "qnRows":26,
                  5. "qSubsetRatio":1,
                  6. "qnTotalDistinctValues":26,
                  7. "qnPresentDistinctValues":26,
                  8. "qKeyType":"NOT_KEY",
                  9. "qTags":[
                    1. "$ascii",
                    2. "$text"
                    ],
                  10. "qDerivedFields":[
                      ]
                    }
                • "qPos":{
                  • "qx":0,
                  • "qy":-9
                  }
          Not applicable
          Author

So, the GetTableAndKeys method call doesn't return columns in the correct order, but...

if I pass in a -1 for the offset in the GetTableData method call, I get the column names as the first row.  At least now I get a match between data and column names (even if the column names aren't strictly in the same order).

kevinpintokpa
          Creator II
          Creator II

Thanks, this was very helpful!