Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Engine API - openDoc returning error

Hi,

I'm getting an error, code 1002, message 'App already open' when I do the following:

1. Send an 'openDoc' request for 'App A'.  This works.
  2. Send an 'openDoc' request for 'App B'.  This returns an error.

I am using the Desktop version, and I'm communicating using the web socket endpoint of ws://localhost:4848/app/

I have noticed that the protocol tester, which now supports opening multiple apps, communicates not with ws://localhost:4848/app, but with ws://localhost:4848/app/AppName.qvf.

What should the URL be for a server environment?  ws://server/app/AppGuid    ?

I'm yet to try it, but I haven't found information about this anywhere, so hoping this could help others.

Thanks,

Shane.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Shane,

The reason that you are getting app already open is becase you already have 'App A' opened.

You can use ws://localhost:4848/app/AppName.qvf to directly open an app (on server ws://server/app/AppGuidOrName).

Best Regard

Lars-Göran Book

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Shane,

The reason that you are getting app already open is becase you already have 'App A' opened.

You can use ws://localhost:4848/app/AppName.qvf to directly open an app (on server ws://server/app/AppGuidOrName).

Best Regard

Lars-Göran Book

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

thanks - so this implies that for the the endpoint (without a specific app name or guid), only one app can be opened, and once that's opened, you can't open another. 

The error message is not as clear as it could be IMHO, perhaps it could say something like:

"An app has already been opened"

Regards,

Shane.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I have the same issue. Can you also please share the solution technically how to resolve it?

Thanks,

Kiriti