Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rohitk1609
Master
Master

Engine fails with Uncertain Reason

Hi Techies,

I have one application which has a loop and loop cycle could be around 10,000,000. I assume it should take around 24 hours to complete but what exactly is happening it is failing randomly sometimes after 13 hours, 10 hours.

I have checked the Script Logs and there is no concrete or clear message of app failure.

Then I looked into system logs and I have found few events occurred while application fails:

Widows Logs:

System logs:

1. Level: warning and Source: Resource-Exhaustion-Detect

2. Level: Information: Source: Window Error  reporting service stopped.

3. Level: Error, Source: Service Control Manager and  Window Error  reporting service. Event ID: 7023. Details: The paging file is too small for this operation to complete.

4. Event id: 7031,The Qlik Sense Engine Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 20000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

5. The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}
and APPID
{9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}
to the user HEADQUARTERS\qlikadmin SID (S-1-5-21-1141167570-3424619403-716500880-9017) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Application Logs:

1. The description for Event ID 300 from source Engine cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

System config is 104 GB RAM and 16 cores.

I have tried to find out some info in operation monitor apps but there is no RAM consumption above 90% but yes near by 90% there are few entries.

Max memory usage set to 90 in QMC.

Can you please help me to know what could be the root cause for reload failure ?

Thanks in advance,

Rohit 

Labels (1)
1 Reply
ViliuSas
Contributor II
Contributor II

With the help of the telemetry dashboard you will determine which application is taking a long time to load and uses a lot of RAM. Duplicate problematic application through QMC, rename it to old application and upload data. Maybe help