Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

ashishpalkar
Contributor II

Enter data through UI in Qlik Sense.

Hi There

I have below requirement , I have below commodities in my App.

I want to give user ability to enter some value in front of each of below mentioned commodities. It can be either table or any other.

-Crude Oil

-Corn

-Cotton

-Lean Hogs

-Live Cattle

-Natural Gas

-Soybean

-Sugar

-Wheat

Thanks for your help.

6 Replies
shraddha_g
Honored Contributor III

Re: Enter data through UI in Qlik Sense.

If you only want to display those value then you can try extension Qlik Branch

MVP
MVP

QV/QS are not designed with data entry in mind - they are reporting and discovery tools, not data capture tools.

Like you can force a round peg into a square hole, you can get QV/QS to capture data, but neither the user experience nor the reliability will be good.

agigliotti
Honored Contributor II

i'm absolutely agree with Jonathan but anyway take a look at https://www.klik-ins.com/

sam_grounds
New Contributor III

Yes, this is possible, just use an INPUTFIELD.

In order to do this you first need to designate a field as an inputfield in your script. Like so...

INPUTFIELD [FieldName];

Load

Commodity,

'' as [FieldName]

FROM Data.qvd (qvd);

Then you can put that field into a straight table. Beware this will wipe your data when you reload and I believe the data you write in will be stored in either the dashboards '.shared' or '.meta' file and will be unique to that user, like an un-shared bookmark.

Just be careful how you input data, you can input into a box that doesn't display all of the component chart and it will split that values down beneath it.

For additional reading try these links for a comprehensive description...

http://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/12.1/Subsystems/Client/Content/Scripting/ScriptPrefixes/Inputfie...

Input fields ‒ QlikView

Although, saying this, I also agree with the previous comments that QlikView isn't a great tool for data input and this solution can be a bit clunky. But, if you need the functionality, there it is!

Hope this helps,

Sam

sam_grounds
New Contributor III

Apologies, I misread, this feature is only available in QlikView, not supported in QlikSense.

ashishpalkar
Contributor II

tthanks all, can we use slider or something simila. Where user can select from given number of values . Say range 0 to 100?