Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luizcdepaula
Creator III
Creator III

Error RfcPing failed. Key = RFC_INVALID_HANDLE

Hello experts,

We are having a problem after installing the new Qlik Sense update version 2.2

We performed the installation in the Dev environment first and it is working fine. We performed connection to SAP server, ECC and BI and it is working fine. We then applied the update to Production environment, but it is not connecting now. It is giving the error message below:

RfcPing failed. Key = RFC_INVALID_HANDLE (An invalid handle was passed to the API call)

Prod and Dev are in the same server. We use QlikView to generate the connection string, and QlikView can connect without any issues.

Any suggestions on where the problem could be?

Thanks in advance.

LD

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
luizcdepaula
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Just in case if somebody has the same issue, I will answer my post to help others.

After working with Qlik support, we were able to figure out that Qlik Sense 2.2 requires SAP Connector 6.1.2.

After installing the latest version of the SAP Connector, Qlik Sense is now able to connect directly to SAP, without having to use Qlik View to generate the connection string.

I hope it helps.

LD

View solution in original post

1 Reply
luizcdepaula
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Just in case if somebody has the same issue, I will answer my post to help others.

After working with Qlik support, we were able to figure out that Qlik Sense 2.2 requires SAP Connector 6.1.2.

After installing the latest version of the SAP Connector, Qlik Sense is now able to connect directly to SAP, without having to use Qlik View to generate the connection string.

I hope it helps.

LD