Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pauldamen
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Error creating User Directory Qlik Sense via Excel

Hi,

I am trying to set up an User Directory Connection in Sense via the Excel ODBC. But I keep getting the message: "Exception when trying to connect to the data source, Edit the connection string in the User directory connector configuration"

I have set up a Excel ODBC 32 bit on the server Sense is run on. In the visible connection string I have:

DRIVER={Microsoft Excel Driver (*.xls, *.xlsx, *.xlsm, *.xlsb)};DBQ=C:\ExcelODBCUDC.xls. The ExcelODBCUDC.xls leads to the excel.

What am I doing wrong here? Am I forgetting something?

Regards, Paul

8 Replies
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Since there are many variables at play, I'll provide insight from a working setup which you can use to compare:

UDC Setup:

kAniOiX.png

DSN Setup (64bit):

bASpruy.png

CSV Setup:

gkyuzWb.png

I've highlighted the needed rows Users (userid, name), Attributes (userid,type,value).

pauldamen
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi,

I can only set up a 32 bit connection. is that a problem?

Regards, Paul

Not applicable

Hi Floks..

I have sucessfully updated users via UDC on Csv format with password but how can i access into hub by the users which is creating by UDC

Capture1.JPG

i gave root admin rights also but it cannot access the hub,

any suggestion pls..

gianpaolo_31
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello There,

Any solution for this kind of setup?

Thanks.UDC.PNG

ptwistp1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Check what version of the ODBC driver you have installed.  Is it the 2016 version?  If yes, then it's not going to work, you need the 2010 version, I actually had the same issue and it was fixed by using the correct version.

dtx
Employee
Employee

Couple things.

1. Make sure you download Drivers and install for (32 or 64) - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13255

2. Once installed, open ODBC Data Sources (32 or 64) whichever is your machine. 

3. Go to System DSN. Click Add -> Microsoft Excel Driver -> Give it a name same as the name you give while creating User Directory in Qlik Sense. In your screenshot, it is "Excel".

4. That's it. Make sure you have provided the correct path Excel file. Avoid blanks if possible. 

Hope that should solve the problem!

cata_pli
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Thank you @ptwistp1  !! It is still like this in 2020. I've just lost a few hours until reading you comment.