Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

Not applicable

Error in data connections connecting a network folder

Dear community members,

sorry for boring you, but I think I'm having an error that is not depending on some mistakes made in configuring our Qlik Sense Platform 2.2.4

When I select in "data connections" from QMC a specific connection pointing to a network folder the configuration of it looks ok (i.e. network path and uname/pwd) but when I try to use this network connection from a brand new app  via "add data" I've got the error message "Internal Engine Error". Then I've tried to create a new data connection from a new app (in order to not reuse the existing connection) and when I go in "Data Load Editor --> Create new Connection --> Folder" and I insert the network folder path "\\Computername\folder" I obtain the same "Internal Engine Error"

Am I doing something wrong or is there something not working in my installation ?

BTW: from Terminal Server Client on my server if I open windows explorer and navigate to "\\Computername\folder" it works ... so it doesn't seems to me a network error.

Has someone some suggestion ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Employee
Employee

Re: Error in data connections connecting a network folder

‌Do the Qlik Sense services run under system account? In that case you should have some problem to access the network resources, try to use a local or domain user having local admin rights to run the services.

7 Replies
Employee
Employee

‌Do the Qlik Sense services run under system account? In that case you should have some problem to access the network resources, try to use a local or domain user having local admin rights to run the services.

Not applicable

Hi Vincenzo,

first of all, many thanks for your answer. I made the Qlik installation with my user that is a local admin, and the Qlik services are running with this users. The fact is that if, inside the server, I try to open the remote folder I have no problem at all, that is why I don't suspect a user issue.

When I try to connect "My files" inside Qlik Sense Hub I've got the following error

Error.jpg
Thanks for advice.

Cordialmente.

Not applicable

Hi Vincenzo,

sorry for boring you ... I've just talked with infrastructure responsible, and actually he confirmed me that the service user is not my user ... I think that you're right ... I'll came back to you soon to let you know if changing the user for services works.

Cordialmente

Not applicable

Hi Vincenzo, your suggestion were correct ... it was a user problem

Cordialement.

Employee
Employee

Did you solved this problem?

Not applicable

Solved many thanks