Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wanyunyang
Creator III
Creator III

Error occurred when retrieving data from R

Hi guys,

I installed Advanced Analytics Toolbox. But after adding dimension and measure, it showed me "Error occured when retrieveing data from R". Any idea why and how to solve this? Anything helps!

error.PNG

Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

Hi

Please check a few things

1: You have SSE running in the back-end.
2: Required packages are installed.
3: You have all the pre-requisite ticked for Advance analytics toolbox.

regards
Pradosh
Learning never stops.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

Hi

Please check a few things

1: You have SSE running in the back-end.
2: Required packages are installed.
3: You have all the pre-requisite ticked for Advance analytics toolbox.

regards
Pradosh
Learning never stops.
wanyunyang
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I see. Thanks!

employe4_2
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi !

can you develop: SSE running in the back.I undesrtand what it is but i don 't know how to check if he is running and if he doesn't how to make that happen

shashwat_tiwary
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Can you please elaborate how you resolved this issue ?

1) I have QlikSense enterprise installed on AWS and access QMC using remote desktop connection by launching the QlikSense running instance from AWS EC2. I have installed R and Rserve library on this machine. I also have SSEtoRserve on this machine running.

2) All the required R packages are installed.

3) I access QlikSense Hub using a public IP.

So my question is

1) How to crosscheck if the host and port I have entered in QMC > Analytics Connections is correct ?

2) Do I need to install R on the client machine ? I have installed R, but library Rserve is not getting installed. (It got sucessfully installed in the server machine)

3) Do I need to run SSEtoRserve on the client machine ?

4) When ever I try the advanced Analytics in my client machine or on server machine I get the error - Error occured when retrieving data from R.

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

Hi 

Sorry for the late reply. 

R, RServe and SSE needs be instaleld in the machine where Qliksense server is not the client machine. You can check your analytics connection from QMC. The sse needs to be running  from back end before you can use this. Please use a batch fil which runs the sse every time the server restarts. 

suggestion: Check using your qliksense desktop version first. Then go for Server.

-Pradosh

Learning never stops.