Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Qlik_Enthu
Creator II
Creator II

Error: "Could not Reach http://localhost:4848/hub with error (-102)."

Hi all,

Need help!

I have installed Qlik Sense thrice but unable to access the application. Everytime i access getting this error: "Could not Reach http://localhost:4848/hub with error (-102)." please note i have QV installed in my laptop earlier and i am using still

What could be the reason?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sometimes the QlikSense Desktop starts before its underlying processes have fully initialized.

If that is the problem you are encountering then leave the window with the message open, count to 5 and press <F5> to refresh it.

p.s.  I have both QlikView & QlikSense installed on my laptop, they are happy to co-exist together.  I routinely have both open at the same with no problems.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Instead of uninstalling try repairing the installation. Reboot once and try

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sometimes the QlikSense Desktop starts before its underlying processes have fully initialized.

If that is the problem you are encountering then leave the window with the message open, count to 5 and press <F5> to refresh it.

p.s.  I have both QlikView & QlikSense installed on my laptop, they are happy to co-exist together.  I routinely have both open at the same with no problems.

Qlik_Enthu
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Whaow that worked..thanks a ton

Anonymous
Not applicable

No worries, glad you are on the road with Qlik Sense.

Qlik_Enthu
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello Bill! again I ended up with similar issue. I have tried reopening my QS today and I am keep getting the error "Connection Refused". I refreshed after 5 seconds stil it is not working. any help??? :S

stiffi88
Partner - Contributor III

Hi there,

is it possible that you are using a proxy. Maybe the proxy is blocking the connection?

KR

Qlik_Enthu
Creator II
Creator II
Author

oh yes! my Office proxy was refusing the connection. just realised. thank u..

din think it thru before .. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, you're right Bill it helps. I'm facing the same problem very often. However, it should be somehow repaired by Qlik, because this bug is popular among the users I think. It seems unprofessional to start the application with additional activities like pressing keys etc, and Qlik should do something with it. Is there maybe a place where those kinds of bugs are reported?

M.

jmalenfant

Hi - how do you know / check if the office proxy is refusing the connection?