Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Error when installing om Mac (Parallels, Win 7 Pro 64-bit)

I can not install Sense on my Mac. I've got an error already when the "splash-screen" started. I'm using Parallels and running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Make sure your Mac BIOS allows 64-bit virtualization, and that Parallels is set to run x64 virtual machines (I can add some screenshots later on today).

Miguel

EDIT: OK, I'm running Parallels 9 in a MBP Mid '10 and OS X 10.9.4. The technical article in Apple (Intel-based Macs: Using VT-x virtualization technology) does not apply to my computer (that is 4 years old). It seems that VT is enabled by default, so no screenshot possible.

However, make sure you have installed a Windows OS x64 as a guest OS, a screenshot of the System Info dialog will do.

Finally, if you are running OS X Lion 10.7 or older, the OS boots in 32 bits mode. It was not until Mountain Lion 10.8 when Apple discarded the 32 bit mode in the kernel boot.

In case of doubt, to check whether you are running your OS in 64 bit mode, go to the Spotlight, open Terminal and enter "uname -m". If it returns "i386" your computer is running in 32 bit mode and you should try enabling the 64 bit mode (OS X: Starting up with the 32-bit or 64-bit kernel), while if it returns "x86_64" then you are good to go.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Make sure your Mac BIOS allows 64-bit virtualization, and that Parallels is set to run x64 virtual machines (I can add some screenshots later on today).

Miguel

EDIT: OK, I'm running Parallels 9 in a MBP Mid '10 and OS X 10.9.4. The technical article in Apple (Intel-based Macs: Using VT-x virtualization technology) does not apply to my computer (that is 4 years old). It seems that VT is enabled by default, so no screenshot possible.

However, make sure you have installed a Windows OS x64 as a guest OS, a screenshot of the System Info dialog will do.

Finally, if you are running OS X Lion 10.7 or older, the OS boots in 32 bits mode. It was not until Mountain Lion 10.8 when Apple discarded the 32 bit mode in the kernel boot.

In case of doubt, to check whether you are running your OS in 64 bit mode, go to the Spotlight, open Terminal and enter "uname -m". If it returns "i386" your computer is running in 32 bit mode and you should try enabling the 64 bit mode (OS X: Starting up with the 32-bit or 64-bit kernel), while if it returns "x86_64" then you are good to go.

Not applicable
Author

Yes please, it would be helpful!

/Per

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Per,

I'm sorry I just edited my previous reply with more content. There are some steps you can follow and tips you can check.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Miguel