Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Every ones Work space shared with everyone

Hi Communty

I'm not sure what I have done as a admin but now every one can see all others workspace in Qliksense.Could you please tell me what could went wrong? and what to do to correct?

Thanks

Prasanna

6 Replies
beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

Hi Prasana,

i suppose, if you publish you app, you shoul make the selection in QMC, namely you can select the stream (look atttached screenshot)

Beckqlik community.PNG

vicio
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi prasannas‌,

just enter in the qmc and select each stream to check who can access (User access on the right side) and why they can access (Security Rules on the right side).

You can enable/disable each rule to verify which rule enables the unauthorized access. 

I started with this multiple attempts strategy, then later I learn how to write and organize the security rules.

There are also some very good video tutorials about stream security.

Screen Shot 2017-05-16 at 19.58.49.png

Good Luck

Vicio

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Vicio

Thanks for the reply. In our case all apps have been publshed to everyones work space not to streams.

I have checked the streams but couldn't find the related stream for personal work space. I think need to check for the security rule which caused the issue but I couldn't find the securty rule which was modified and caused the issue.

vicio
Contributor III
Contributor III

My solution for this cases is to enable/disable each security rule and see the consequences. Pay attention to the rule that allows your admin user to enter in the QMC.

rittermd
Master
Master

There is a security rule that will cause this to happen if it is modified.  Unfortunately, I can't remember which one it is.  I ran into this exact issue about 6 months ago.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I figured it out that create app security rule has update option selected which caused to see all others work books.

by unchecking the update option now it came back to normal