Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rik_qlik
Contributor III
Contributor III

Excel Export issue in Qlik Sense (field order & color format)

Hi to everybody,

i'm try to approach to Qlik Sense while i'm using Qlik View.

I'm trying to understand how the export to excel work for a table for example.

I have created this table:

1.JPG

and i have make a color format for the QTY and the DATE_2 that highlight where DATE_2 is null. After i have export to excel this Qlik Sense table and this is the .xlsx file:

2.JPG

First of all i don't understand hot to achieve the same fields order like the Qlik Sense table, where the DATE_2 is after the QTY..

This is important because every table or pivot that i have exported from Sense doesn't have the fields order like the origin table (that have dimension and also measure) and i don't want to manually change every excel exported..

After i notice that the field DATE_2, in the Qlik Sense table, don't get the color format also if it's value is null (like the QTY field do). In Qlik View there is any problem to achieve this also in the value of the field is null.

Also i expect the excel get the same color format from the Sense table fields but i don't see any color format. Qlik View export the file in .xls but the color format is similar like the origin table/chart.

Anybody can help me to understand why Sense has all this behaviors?

Thanks in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Exporting data in excel doesnt allow to export with color formating..

View solution in original post

4 Replies
shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Exporting data in excel doesnt allow to export with color formating..

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

There's an extension called smart P&L reporting which does export conditional formatting to Excel.

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi, can you try this expression Text(QTY) and in the text alignment the position is right.

hope this will helps ..

rik_qlik
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Martin, thanks for your suggest.

I download and try the extension you mentioned here:

GitHub - iviasensio/PL-Smart: Smart reporting with Qlik Sense

It's very interesting but it doesn't achieve exactly what i'm looking for.. It's design to format the entire row of the table (and the table can have a maximum of 10 field) while i'm try to export to excel the format/color of the specif field that could be different from another for the same row..

So, while in Qlik View there is this capability to export format condition to excel, Qlik Sense doesn't do it at all as Shraddha‌ report?