Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
okamal99
Contributor II
Contributor II

Excel Extract doesn't match KPI in QLIK Sense

Hi,

I am trying to figure out why the Excel extract details don't come out correctly. I have two files that I have joined and I'm trying to calculate the number of units for each plant. There are 2 plants (11 and 13).

When I write the set analysis expression for plant 11, I do get the correct number which is supposed to be 7. However, when I extract the Excel report, I only see 6 units for plant 11.

Can someone explain how I would need to write my script such that the KPI output matches the Excel extract. ( I should note that two rows on the Excel table have identical data (Plant=11, Lines=1, Units=7)

Thanks in advance for your help!

Labels (1)
3 Replies
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

how are you extracting the excel report?
okamal99
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Dilipranjth,

Thanks for the quick response. 

I've created a table and used the fields Plant, Lines, Units

When I see the table it shows only 4 rows of data for Plant 11, and Lines total upto 6.  When I write the set analysis expression it shows a total of 7 lines for Plant 11 which is correct.

All I do to extract the Excel report is right click and download to Excel on the table.

Any ideas?

dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Ok. So the table shows total as 6 while KPI is showing 7. What does the source data indicate

Difficult to diagnose without having access to app but i would try below to diagnose

- there maybe some null value messing with the table data. check if you are including null values for the dimension

- check the data types for the units column to confirm