Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OmarBenSalem

Exception while trying to restore Qlik Sense Site with RSM

Hi everyone,
I'm facing some troubles while trying to backup then restore a QlikSense site. Here is what I did : (I followed the help https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/3.1/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Server/Server-...)

1) Backup: For the backup, I've chosen to work with RSM:

a) I created a new folder in which I copied the RepositorySnapshotManager

b) I also prepared a backup folder "BackupSense" c ) I opened the cmd , placed my self under the folder where I've put the RepositorySnapshotManager : cd "c:/RSM/" then I taped this : RepositorySnapshotManager.exe -backup -path="C:\Users\Administrateur\Desktop\BackupSense" -databasePassword="*****" (the backup is a success)

backup.PNG

2) I then uninstalled the QlikSense to try to restore it in the same server:

a) I've put the Qlik_Sense_setup.exe in a folder

b) I have my backup sense folder

c) I then tried to restore the site by typing this in the cmd after placing my self in the folder where the rsm.exe exists: RepositorySnapshotManager.exe -restore -path=C:\Users\Administrateur\Desktop\BackupSense -installer=C:\Users\Administrateur\Desktop\InstallSense -databasePassword="****"-u="WIN-Q887L4EMVDQ\administrateur" -p="********"

But when I do so, I have first of all a warning telling me that I haven't entered user credentials while I did : WIN-Q887L4EMVDQ\administrateur which the same user I used in the first installation

warning.PNG

I continue and then appear the exception:

Capture.PNG

Even with the Exception, I reinstalled the QlikSense, with the same user and password I specified in the CMD . Then, I manually copied all the backups that exists in the backup sense folder and started the services as described here :

Capture.PNG

But nothing seems to happen in the QMC, no users, no apps, nos streams nore security rules !

I'm really confused ! What should I do to restore the site as it was before?

And what is exactly meant by 'restore' the files? It's placing them (the files/folders) under the right emplacement? Right?

As you could see, I'm really in need of a guidance ! which you'll be providing me with some !

Thanks,

Omar,

1 Reply
OmarBenSalem
Author

mto