Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exclude Certain Data

This is really simple for all of you Pro's out there.

In my excel file, that has been uploaded into Qlik, each row is labeled either "Include" and "Exclude."

In Qlik, how do I exclude the rows that are labeled "Exclude" from being calculated in my dashboard.  Can I use a filter....or do I have to write an equation? 

2 Replies
kfoudhaily
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

It depends on what you need to do.

Both are possible and correct.

Filters: Qlikview Statistics, Search, Current Selection Objects | Associative search in List Box # Part 6 - Y...

Set analysis(equation): QlikView Tutorial | QlikView Set Analysis | QlikView Filter Types and Set Operators - YouTube

Please provide sample data and description of the need, might be more helpfull.

Best Regards,

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

QlikView Qlik Sense consultant
lcontezini
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

do you need the rows = 'exclude' in the application? Because you could just exclude them in your script.

LOAD

FROM excel_file

where not match(label_name,'Exclude');