Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exclude Filter from Affecting Chart when filter dimension is an expression

Hi All,

In my date filter field, i am displaying only the latest closed month (Idea is to toggle between full year view and recent month view).

i am using an expression as follows:

=if(Month(Closeddate) = vMaxMonth and Year(Closeddate) = vMaxYear, vMaxMonth)

I have created variables vMaxMonth & vMaxYear in the load script to get the month and year of the maximum closed date.

Now, my requirement is that i dont want this filter to affect one chart alone. Hence i give the expression as:

Count ({<Closeddate =>} [Application ID])

But this does not work. If i had displayed all closed dates in the filter instead of the expression i have used, the above works.

Is this a property of Qlik or do i need to use a different expression in place of the above to ensure that the filter is not considered?

Yours Truly,

S.Manikantan

15 Replies
ChennaiahNallani
Creator III
Creator III

Try like below.

Count({<Closeddate >}GlobalEmpId)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

No Chennaiah..Not working. Shows 'Error in Expression'. Is Global a Qlik Sense keyword?

joseph_eftamand
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Are the filters you are actually making the selections on for Closeddate, or are they month, day etc?

If so you should try adding <Closeddate = , Month = , Day = > to your modifier.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The field name is closed date, but the filter i am displaying is of the Month as below.

=if(Month(Closeddate) = vMaxMonth and Year(Closeddate) = vMaxYear, Month(Closeddate))

When i select the Month, all charts get filtered accordingly. I want to prevent the filtering in one chart alone now. I tried to create a field called 'ClosedMonth' in the table and tried it in place of above.

=if(Month(Closeddate) = vMaxMonth and Year(Closeddate) = vMaxYear, ClosedMonth))

But still no effect. When i use just  'ClosedMonth' in the filter instead of using the IF expression, it works fine i.e. i am able to prevent the chart from being filtered when month is changed.

ChennaiahNallani
Creator III
Creator III

share sample qvf.

joseph_eftamand
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

based on this expression I would expect the filter to only show one month:

if(Month(Closeddate) = vMaxMonth and Year(Closeddate) = vMaxYear, Month(Closeddate)),

which is a bit confusing

If you can upload a sunset of the app I can try and test for you.

Thanks,

Joseph

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Joseph. I may be able to provide the code only as i work on client network with limited access for sharing.

Yes, Thats Right. I want to show only one month in the filter.

After i load the table which contains Closeddate field, i run the below script:

Temp:

LOAD

Max([Closeddate]) as Maxcd

Resident [TK_TRN_TicketDetail];

LET vMaxDate = Date((peek('Maxcd')));

LET vMaxYear = Year(vMaxDate);

LET vMaxMonth = Month(vMaxDate);

LET vMaxmy = vMaxMonth & '-' & vMaxYear;

I have created a few charts and my aim now is to toggle view between full data and data for the last closed month. I create a filter where i display the last closed month as below:

=if(Month(Closeddate) = vMaxMonth and Year(Closeddate) = vMaxYear, ClosedMonth))

In the chart where i display applications which i want to prevent getting filtered by date, i use the expression:

Count ({<ClosedMonth =>} [Application ID])

This is not helping i.e. still data gets filtered.

joseph_eftamand
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I will try replicate this on my own here. Just to double check in the meantime you are including all date fields used in you set analysis?

Count ({<ClosedMonth =, ClosedDate = >} [Application ID])

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Joseph. Yes, using all date fields.