Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UserID2626
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Exclude Particular field in getcurrentselections()

hi,

I need to exclude some fields in GetCurrentSelections(). I have 25 filters & 8 sheets, I have to show in text box what are the fields are selected from filter with selected values. 

I used GetCurrentSelections().

Not all 25 filters are using in all sheets. (i.e.,Sheet1 having 10 filters & sheet2 having 6 filters which does not related to sheet1.)

But using this condition GetCurrentSelections() i can see all the selected values which been selected from 8 sheets, how to ignore particular field selection without using alternate condition.

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
andoryuu
Creator III
Creator III

GetCurrentSelections()  operates at the app level so you can't exclude fields with them being on other sheets unless you are using alternate states.  You'll see in the definition for GetCurrentSelections() that you can specify separators for tags, values, specify max values returned, and specify alternate states.  If you want to display only certain values you have to parse the content of GetCurrentSelections() using string functions like replace(), subfield(), index(), etc.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
andoryuu
Creator III
Creator III

GetCurrentSelections()  operates at the app level so you can't exclude fields with them being on other sheets unless you are using alternate states.  You'll see in the definition for GetCurrentSelections() that you can specify separators for tags, values, specify max values returned, and specify alternate states.  If you want to display only certain values you have to parse the content of GetCurrentSelections() using string functions like replace(), subfield(), index(), etc.