Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
onkar1988
Contributor III
Contributor III

Exclude a filter value using Button for navigation (Qlik Dashboard Bundle)

Dear Qlik experts,

I have multiple filters Country, Product, Year, Manufacturer  in my dashboard. I want a button to exclude a country 'USA' from Country filter.

This exclusion should be irrespective of any selection in other filters like Product, Year, Manufacturer.

Earlier I tried to use bookmark to select excluded in the Country filter filter, however it's impacting other filter selections.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Onkar Kulkarni

Labels (1)
5 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

If you want this button to exclude things from specific objects but not the entire application, you have two relatively simple options:

1) Exclude using a variable rather than actual field selections, e.g. vCountry will be set to 'USA' when the button is clicked once, and to null() when it is clicked again. Your sets would then read something like:

Sum({<Country-= { '$( =$(vCountry) )' }>}  [Value])

Note the -= since you want to exclude the specific value.

2) Use Alternate States for these objects and make a selection on the appropriate state

onkar1988
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for your swift response.

Earlier I thought of the similar approach, however, considering the current measure expressions, I didn't want to complicate it further. There are almost 25-30 measure expressions. Other point is, I can't use alternate state as this country exclusion should be applicable to each and every object. So need to think of other work around.

Meanwhile, I tried with Button for navigation options Step 1: Select a Value (USA) in the field.   Step 2: Select excluded

Result : when I just work with this button alone it works fine, however,  with selection in other filters it doesn't work consistent. Not sure where exactly the issue/limitation is.

Regards,

Onkar Kulkarni

Or
MVP
MVP

I'm a little confused as to the requirement now - based on the original post is sounded like you didn't want this exclusion to impact other objects.

Selecting excluded should work correctly, but it will react within the framework of Qlik's associative engine in general, so if other selections have been made, you may get results that are different from what you expect - they should be consistent with the manual action of "Select excluded" on the country field.

There might be a clean way to work around this, but as an unattractive hack, you could probably work around this by concatenating all of the non-USA values from the Country field and then applying that concatenation under "Select multiple values in field", something along the lines of:

Concat({<Country-= { 'USA' }>} Country)

onkar1988
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Sorry for the delayed response and for the confusion.

Basically there are multiple filters and multiple charts and tables in the dashboard. what I want is a button like functionality which when clicked by user - it will simply exclude the 'USA' from country filter and select rest of the countries.

Right now how users are doing it –

Step 1. Select USA in the country filter.  

Step2. Select excluded from filter option.

To create such kind of functionality I used ‘Button for Navigation’ from Qlik Visualization bundle, somehow it's not working as expected. if other filters are selected and then this button is clicked then it's removing other applied filters. Please let me know if there is any alternative/work around.

Regards,

Onkar Kulkarni

naresh_mcs
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

HI , 

I have some different requirement from my business.'

On dashboard, i have a filter called holidays, it has values like "Covid -19", "labour day", "Summer vacation","year ending"...etc

Now my requirement is , when you select "Covid 19" in holidays,my dashboard should exclude the covid-19 holiday dates , if user selects labour day, may 1st should gets excluded on whole dashboard , if user selects "year ending" , then dec 25-dec 31st dates should gets excluded from the dashboard.

I know this is exact opposite to the functionality of qliksense. So Please let me if it is possible in a simple way.

Thanks 

Naresh