cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bensomers
Contributor II
Contributor II

Excluding Filter Selection

This question has been asked and answered before, but I seem to be unable to apply the responses to previous questions to this particular scenario.

In short, I have a basic bar chart. The dimension is "Month". Nice and easy, the data is just the appropriate month (January, February etc.) 

The measure is a percentage of "SLA Met". The data for "SLA Met" is either a 'yes' or 'no'. So to have the measure display a percentage I am using this function: =Num(Count({<SLAMet= {'Yes'}>} SLAMet)/Count(SLAMet), '#,##0.00%')

I use the "Month" filter on this sheet to filter other charts. I want to prevent this bar chart from being affected by the use of the "Month" filter and cannot seem to find the right function to do this.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

To Ignore Month selections:

=Num(Count({<SLAMet= {'Yes'}, Month=>} SLAMet)/Count({<Month=>}SLAMet), '#,##0.00%')

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

To Ignore Month selections:

=Num(Count({<SLAMet= {'Yes'}, Month=>} SLAMet)/Count({<Month=>}SLAMet), '#,##0.00%')

bensomers
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you for your reply Lisa, but unfortunately selecting a month in the filter still affects this chart. As in, if you select March the bar chart then only displays March. Instead of January, February, March, April etc.

Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

Can you check where the "Month" comes from in the filter pane. ie is this the source field name

bensomers
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Ahah! I had the function for the dimension in the "Month" field as =Text(Month). This was preventing your suggested function working.

I was able get by without using the 'text' prefix so I just removed it and it all worked.

Out of interest, I am trying to also apply the same exclusion you suggested for a "Week Ending" field. In the dimension for "Week Ending" I am using this function to adjust the format: 

=date(trim(replace([Week Ending],'"','')),'DD/MM/YY')

Therefore, the function you suggested isn't working becuase it is not just "Week Ending". Any ideas how I may do this one?