Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mkiran_18
Contributor III
Contributor III

Excluding Selections from List boxes

Hi All,

Can somebody please help me on the below Scenario.

I have 5 list boxes from a single table. I have created 2 multi boxes including all the 5 list boxes in both Multi box 1 and Multi box 2.

Let us say if i select any values from list box 1 to list box 5 in Multi box 1, how to exclude all the selections from the same List boxes in Multi box 2.

Any Suggestions how to achieve this.

Thanks in Advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mkiran_18
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Stefan.

I will try to implement this and thanks for all your help.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You can use alternate states for that, if I understand your requirement correctly.

Selections made in one alternate state will not influence the other states.

Create the states in Settings - Document properties - Alternate states, then assign the multi boxes to separate states on General tab of the object properties.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Alternate states is a way to exclude selection in other list box

PFA sample

Thanks

balabhaskarqlik

You can use Alternate States to perform comparative analysis between sets of multiple data items, for example for basket analysis purposes. A state holds a set of selections.

The QlikView developer can create multiple states within a QlikView document and apply these states to specific objects within the document. Objects in a given state are not affected by user selections in the other states.

Setting Alternate States

Do the following to enable and set alternate states:

Click Alternate States... in the Document Properties: General tab.

The Alternate States dialog opens.

Click Add... to create a number of states give name to them. The names will be referred to as Alternate state identifiers.

Click OK to close the dialog.

Use these AlterState names in required multi boxes, then Selections in MultiBox1 won't effect, selections in Multibox2.

https://www.resultdata.com/using-multiple-alternate-states-combined-with-set-analysis-to-create-a-co...

mkiran_18
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your reply.

Is there any other way instead of Alternate States.

Actually in my application i need to provide the user nearly 12 multi boxes and based on the selections in those multi boxes, charts and details tables needs to get updated. so can we give multiple Alternate states to a single chart?

Thanks in Advance.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Yes, you need to use set analysis in the aggregation functions of your chart expressions:

=Sum( {AlternateState1} Value)

=Sum( {AlternateState2} Value)

mkiran_18
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Ritesh,

Thanks for your Reply.

How can we give multiple alternate states to a chart expression, i mean let us say i have created 12 Multi boxes and as per alternate states all selections in every multi box won't reflect any of it. As per my requirement ,there is a chart in the same sheet which needs to get reflect with each selection in every multi box.

Thanks in Advance.

mkiran_18
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Stefan.

Can we give an Expression like this:

=Sum( {AlternateState1,AlternateState2} Value)

i mean the expression should consider selections from Alternate State 1 and Alternate State 2.

Is it possible? sorry if it seems funny, i have never worked on Alternate states.

Thanks in Advance.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Set Analysis can mix several states, in several ways, for example using the union operator +

{AlternateState1 + AlternateState2}

You can modify all states using set modifiers.

I would recommend having a closer look to the possibilites of set analysis.

mkiran_18
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Stefan.

I will try to implement this and thanks for all your help.