Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shakeeb_mohammed
Contributor III
Contributor III

Excluding fields from tables in Qlik Sense

Hi,

Could someone assist me with the below please?

I am loading data in from an Excel spreadsheet daily - but the only problem I have is that I have a field called "Total" which leaves me with multiple "totals" in my App. I want to exclude Total in my visualisation - Please see below screenshot -

This is also a case for other depots - but this clears out once I select the appropriate filters - Also could I make this Distinct but when the date range is selected the rest of the columns are updated accordingly?

Totals QS.JPG

4 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

How do you load your data - you don't say anything about that... Do you do it via Data Manager or the Data Load Editor. In any case you just have to not include the column for totals - as simple as that....

Loading distinct can be done in at least two ways correctly and infinite ways incorrectly.

If you really have duplicated rows you can in a load script specify DISTINCT just following the LOAD keyword in you load statement.

You could also to an aggregation to achieve a DISTINCT value for the dimensions/fields you want to have distinct rows. Then you can use LOAD x,y,z,Sum(.....) AS w ...... FROM ..... GROUP BY x,y,z;

Shakeeb Mohammed wrote:

Hi,

Could someone assist me with the below please?

I am loading data in from an Excel spreadsheet daily - but the only problem I have is that I have a field called "Total" which leaves me with multiple "totals" in my App. I want to exclude Total in my visualisation - Please see below screenshot -

This is also a case for other depots - but this clears out once I select the appropriate filters - Also could I make this Distinct but when the date range is selected the rest of the columns are updated accordingly?

Totals QS.JPG

GROUP

shakeeb_mohammed
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

Apologies, I am using data load editor to load in my data - The value is 'Totals' which comes under field 'Depot'

balabhaskarqlik

May be check your chart at Appearance - Presentation - Totals option like below:

Might be, same like above, appearing in your chart....

juraj_misina
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

can't you exclude the data while loading?

LOAD * from excel_file Where Not(Depot='Totals')

Juraj