Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Executive Dashboard Example - Data Doesn't Make Sense to Me

Hi,

I'm going through the demos provided with QlikSense, however, I can't make sense of the Executive Dashboard showing sales by Rep. and its integration with the Average Sales Per Day chart.

Please see my example below of the Demo dashboard I'm looking at. I've selected John Greg, who is a rep, and I wanted to see how integration between the three charts worked. I noticed right away that John did $14M in sales, therefore, it's impossible his "Average Sales Per Day" could be just $117 - $121 per day as circled below:

DashboardFiguresIncorrect.JPG

John would have to sell on average $16,676 per day (assuming 2.3 years selling every day) to make $14M, so I'm quite confused as to what I'm looking at in the Average Sales Per Day chart. I will also note that I selected a specific month, August 2012. During this month John sold $749K, so his average daily sales for the month should be shown for this month as $24,966 each day.

In another instance, I selected a rep and her average daily sales were all negative, though she has a positive margin, isn't that impossible?

DashboardFiguresIncorrect2.JPG

Ultimately, it may just be that the data provided did not think through this relationship (as it's not real data I assume), and given the fact I'm an auditor I notice these things... Otherwise, I'm a bit lost and would appreciate some advice.

Thank you again,

Ryan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ArturoMuñoz
Employee
Employee

Thanks for the heads up Ryan. You're right the expression to calculate the average sales per day in that chart is wrong. We will update it as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience and again, thanks!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Ryan, let me see if I can get someone that may be able to help you.

cbo‌ - is there someone on your team that can reply to Ryan regarding his observation / question?

Thanks.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
ArturoMuñoz
Employee
Employee

Thanks for the heads up Ryan. You're right the expression to calculate the average sales per day in that chart is wrong. We will update it as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience and again, thanks!

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for clarifying the issue here.