cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbakerstull
Creator
Creator

Expand Formula

The formula below counts total distinct number of clients within the data set. I'm not familiar with the structure of the formula. How would I add an addtional criteria like gender equal to male?

Gender column is [SVPPROFGENDER_entry]

=Count({

($<[Entry Date]={"<=$(=EndDate)"},[Entry Exit Has No Exit Date]={'Yes'}>

+$<[Entry Date]={"<=$(=EndDate)"},[Exit Date]={">=$(=StartDate)"}>

)}Distinct([Client Id]))

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

Something like this

=Count({($<[Entry Date] = {"<=$(=EndDate)"}, [Entry Exit Has No Exit Date] = {'Yes'}>

+$<[Entry Date] = {"<=$(=EndDate)"}, [Exit Date] = {">=$(=StartDate)"}>

)*$<[SVPPROFGENDER_entry] = {'Male'}>}Distinct([Client Id]))

sunny_talwar

Or you can do this

=Count({($<[Entry Date] = {"<=$(=EndDate)"}, [Entry Exit Has No Exit Date] = {'Yes'}, [SVPPROFGENDER_entry] = {'Male'}>

+$<[Entry Date] = {"<=$(=EndDate)"}, [Exit Date] = {">=$(=StartDate)"}, [SVPPROFGENDER_entry] = {'Male'}>

)}Distinct([Client Id]))

jbakerstull
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you Sunny. Our vendor updated their custom version of Qlik. What I thought I understood, changed.

sunny_talwar

Not sure I understand... are you saying that the issue has been resolved? If that's what it is, then great... else can you elaborate on what you mean?

jbakerstull
Creator
Creator
Author

Your formula is correct. The issue is our vendor and Qlik. Our vendor switched over from using ART (Business Objects) to Qlik. Our vendor is working on setting up Qlik. They did an upgrade to Qlik and all the previous work you help me with is no applies.