cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Prakathi_DM
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Explore option in Smart Search

The explore option in smart search is not getting displayed in a app and the chart/KPI  suggestions based on the search is not shown while the same works in another app. 

Is there any settings or options to enable or disable the explore option in smart search?

Labels (1)
2 Replies
mg_gsi_da
Contributor III
Contributor III

I  would also be interested in that answer.

It's not even noticed in any videos for actual releases. Maybe that feature was withdrawn.

I know there was a parameter setting to enable and disable in some of the old versions.

mg_gsi_da
Contributor III
Contributor III

Still no answer from Qlik. This is annoying. I'm talking about this feature in the picture below called in "B". Mentioned in the Help of November 17 Release

mg_gsi_da_0-1601010579373.png

In actual releases there is a statement that "You can search for data in visualizations in your sheets with insight advisor, which you can access by clicking Insights under Analyze in the toolbar. Insight advisor can also generate new visualizations based on your data searches. "

But for me it only provides suggestions for new visualisations and even more not for the search term I entered.

A reason could be that I'm using April 20 in german.

Anyway, I simply like to search again for fields, text (ie. titles) or master items used in existing visualisations! Very frustrating. Insights only provides suggestions for new visualisations. The use case is to find out possible issues if  I would  like to change fields or master items or also maybe just prevent duplication of titles