Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sunil-kumar5
Creator II
Creator II

Export Data from defined sheet

Hello All

I have app which have five sheets and I only want that user can export the data into excel or PDF from first three sheets as rest two sheets have confidential data which can not be exported that is only for analysis.

If I applied export app data through QMC it allows the user to export data from any app and sheets. My analyzer users have multiple apps but I want to apply the rule where they can only export the data from the sheet which I have aligned to them not from the entire app.

Please advise, it is bit urgent.

Thanks

4 Replies
JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Sunil,

You can achieve this by making a security rule. It could be a bit complex, while you need to tell which sheets they can export the data. I haven't ever tried to do this, but you can give it a go.

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder
sunil-kumar5
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Is there any way to achieve this task,  any link to read or steps that I need to follow for my requirements?

JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Yes of course, this is the link for the Security Rules. Check this video on how to setup more advanced rules.

Tip, start really simple by first checking if you can show an user an app. Then a sheet etc.

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder
sunil-kumar5
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks for your reply. I am able to apply rule till steam and app level but, gone through with several threads on google to solve the sheet level security to export data but no success.

Is there any help in this?