Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jasmina_karcic
Creator III
Creator III

Export data shows different sum than in app

Hi experts,

When I export data from one application, and make sum of one column, it is different than sum in qlik sense app...

What is problem?

Thanks

Jasmina

32 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You experience what Qlik calculate as "sum of expressions" and not as "sum of rows". Very often they overlap and are equal - sometimes they don't - as you  experience. You can make use of the aggregation helper function called Aggr() (named advanced aggregation although GroupBy() would be a better name in my opinion) so you can get the sum of rows instead of sum of expressions.

jasmina_karcic
Creator III
Creator III
Author

How can I do that?

My expression is:

fabs(Sum({$<DATE={"$(=date(rangemin(today()-1,MAX(DATE))))"},  DIM={"XXXX"}>}VALUE)/(1000))

Thanks...

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The rule-of-thumb approach is to wrap the expression in an Aggr and then add the same dimensions as you have in the chart where you have the expression in the first place.

jasmina_karcic
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Something like this?

fabs(Sum(aggr(sum({$<DATE={"$(=date(rangemin(today()-1,MAX(DATE))))"},  DIM={"XXXX}>}VALUE)/1000), DIM_2)))

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

What are the dimension in the chart/table where your have your expression?

jasmina_karcic
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I have 5 dimensions:

1. Number

2. Dim1

3. Dim2

3. Name

And 6 measures format as

fabs(Sum({$<DATE={"$(=date(rangemin(today()-1,MAX(DATE))))"},  DIM={"XXXX"}>}VALUE)/(1000))

(just different date I look)

jasmina_karcic
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Dimensions:

1.Number

2. Dim1

3. Dim2

4. Name

5. Dim3

jasmina_karcic
Creator III
Creator III
Author

This expression:

sum(aggr(fabs(sum({$<DATE={"$(=date(rangemin(today()-1,MAX(DATE))))"},  DIM={"XXXX"}>}VALUE)/1000), NUMBER,DIM1,NAME,DIM2,DIM3))

give me the same result as excel...

jasmina_karcic
Creator III
Creator III
Author

But how two expressions give different result?

For example, this expression:

fabs(Sum({$<DATE={"$(=date(rangemin(today()-1,MAX(DATE))))"},  DIM={"XXXX"}>}VALUE)/(1000)) gives 21000

And this expression:

sum(aggr(fabs(sum({$<DATE={"$(=date(rangemin(today()-1,MAX(DATE))))"},  DIM={"XXXX"}>}VALUE)/1000), NUMBER,DIM1,NAME,DIM2,DIM3)) gives 43000

😕

how can I make a diagnose what is happening? 😕

Thanks