Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fluxfrog
Contributor II
Contributor II

Export graph using script

Hi!

I want to export a graph from an application using a script. It could be the load script (not possible I guess) or some other script, using the available APIs. Is this possible?

I already use the Engine and the QRS APIs to reload apps and publish changes etc. but I haven't found a way to export a graph as a png-file or similar.

NPrinting is a solution to this problem, but the license cost for this single use case makes it unreasonable unfortunately.

5 Replies
Nicole-Smith

Not sure what you are trying to do with the export, but you can embed single objects or sheets on other webpages:
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/April2020/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Visualizations/embed-vi...

lotfiblo
Creator
Creator

Hi @fluxfrog,

You can do it with our Reporting Platform : Qalyptus

Qalyptus is a complete Reporting platform for Qlik Sense and QlikView. You can use it for 30 days for free. 

Maybe our 100% free extension (Qalyptus Notify) can be a solution for your needs.

Qalyptus Notify is a free Qlik Sense Extension that allows you to subscribe to a Qlik sense sheet or app to receive it in your inbox as image or Pdf. 

See Qalyptus Notify in action

I hope this will help you. 

Lotfi 

Use Qalyptus for your Qlik Sense on-premise and Qlik Sense SaaS Reporting
Connect with me on Linkedin
fluxfrog
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

Thanks for your ideas!

Qalyptus looks interesting on its own, but it doesn’t work for what I intend to do this time. My end goal here is to post a graph in a slack channel. We already post some KPIs as text automatically in an internal channel, which has been very useful. A graph as an addition would be great.

The solution with embedded graphs won’t work because of licensing issues I believe. Even though most people reading the channel will have a license, they will not be logged in in this context.

A node.js thing that authenticated with certificates and grabbed a graph from an app would be perfect.

samirchebli
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Fluxfrog

have you a solution for your need? I have the same problem.

fluxfrog
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi. No solution yet unfortunately.