cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Export/show all fields (with all values) of a table

Hi all

I fetched one record from a database with several fields. Now I would like to export or show all the fields with their values in one table.

Export to CSV/XLS is as well possible.

Preview function of the "Data model viewer" is exactly what I need - but horizontal scrolling of 400 fields is not very practical....

Any help highly appreciated.

2 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Trying to display 40O fields in a table isn't going to look good whatever you use. 

In sense as you've seen it uses horizontal scrolling.

All chart objects can be exported to excel in data form. Clicking on the object should give you an export option menu with data being one of them.

If you need a scheduled export of data then look at nprinting.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Andy

So basically I am trying to get a very fast way to export the data so that I can see if e.g. a join was successful.

Fully agree that showing 400 fields is not best practices. This is just for test purposes to show one record and choose the right fields.

Unfortunately I cannot show the fields with their values in a table (system fields $table and so on are not showing the values of the fields).

A command which just dumps out all fields of table with the 1st row of values would be nice - but not on horizontal way.

Maybe I find a way to script it (a simple loop should do the job).