cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
petgr138
Partner - Contributor III

Export still works even though it has been turned off

In our Qlik Sense Enterprise deployment we have disabled data export for certain apps using security rules. However, it's still possible to export to PDF and image if you first choose embed. See images below:

Export is disabled:

Export is disabledExport is disabled

After choosing Share->Embed->Open preview in new tab it is possible to right click and export as an image or PDF

Export is available after embeddingExport is available after embedding

We want the exports to be completely turned off. How do we solve this?

Labels (2)
3 Replies
NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @petgr138 

I just did a quick test with the default security rule ExportAppData, if I disable it I'm not able to export data within the app or following the instructions above for the Embed option. 

Could it be possible to disable the custom security rules you have created and disable the default ExportAppData and verify the outcome?

If disabling the Security Rule ExportAppData only you see that in both within the app and Embed chart there are no options to export, it is suggested to revisit the custom security rules to verify what might be missing to cause this behavior, probably enable the custom security rules one by one to see at what point it breaks. 

Hope it helps!

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm
petgr138
Author

Hi,

I have tried disabling all rules that have anything to do with export priviliges and it's still possible to export images with the method described above. I have tried this both on a server with custom rules and one with only default rules but the result is the same.

Best regards
Petter

NadiaB
Support
Support

@petgr138 

I tested with default QS rules and I was not able to see that behavior. 

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm