Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MK9885
Master II
Master II

Export to XL in IE

Hi,

I'd like to know if the export to XL feature is available in IE browser?

I can export a chart in Mozilla or Chrome but the right click doesn't work in IE browser. Is this a normal thing or any setting is required?

In my company only IE is used hence this is quite important. I have been using export to XL extension in IE but I want it to be default as we've in other browsers.

I've gone through the help pages in Qlik Sense and it simply says right click and export but in IE it doesn't work.

I'd be glad if someone can tell me the issue or any settings to be done in QMC or IE.

My IE browser version is 11 and runs in Edge mode.

Thanks.

8 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Aehman,

I have checked in IE. It works properly.

So definitely it will work. Please disable the popup blocker and try ..

Regards,

Rajesh R. S.

CarlosAMonroy
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Aehman,

You can try by using the 'XL - send values to excel' button in the chart you want to use it.

Example:

3-20-2017 8-56-23 AM.png

Thanks,

Carlos

MK9885
Master II
Master II
Author

Hi Carlos,

I'm looking for this option in Qlik Sense.

MK9885
Master II
Master II
Author

Hi Rajesh,

I'm using browser in my company machine and there is no popup blocker. Can you share a screenshot if you can right click in Qlik Sense HUB for IE and export it?

CarlosAMonroy
Creator III
Creator III

I did not notice it was for QS.

If rigth click is not working. Here is another option you can try:

Qlik Branch

Carlos M

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

I have the same issue using IE on sense.  THe left hand menu butotns dont display in edit mode either.  I hope they are addressing this as IE is a very popular browser and needs supporting properly.

MK9885
Master II
Master II
Author

Thanks for pointing it out Andy.

I too have this issue. I cannot see EDIT in HUB. As a developer I can use desktop or any other browser but users only use IE as it's official browser and Ad-Hoc will fail if the users cannot create their charts.

It would help if we know the issue is in our browser or it is a bug in IE?

@mto

MK9885
Master II
Master II
Author

I'm already using an extension to export to XL but as Qlik said it should work without any extension.

They did not mention any preferred browser hence it should work with all. And it is a basic thing to exports charts to XL.

Thanks anyway.