Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Export

Hi, QlikSense looks Great!!!

Only for curiosity... it is imposible to export document in qlikview 11 to qlik sense ?

I only ask to know!!

Thank you

Fernando

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Yes. You can just drop the QVW on to Qlik Sense Desktop. That will convert the data and script into a QVF from there you can create Qlik Sense visulization.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Yes. You can just drop the QVW on to Qlik Sense Desktop. That will convert the data and script into a QVF from there you can create Qlik Sense visulization.

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master
Author

Thank you Josh, works ok!

only one more question, I can see al the dimension all the script but i can not see the object created in version 11, i do not visualizate anything..

i have to do it again ? all the objects

Thank you a lot!

Fernando

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, you have to build front end from scratch.  And don't expect that it is possible to reproduce each object exactly, it will be different.

Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Correct, the visualizations need to be recreated.  My experience has been that I want to creat a user difference experience between Qlik Sense and QlikView therefore the objects required differ.  If the goal is to just recreate what was already done in QlikView there is not much net value.  I've also found that the number of objects required is a 'finished' self service visualization Qlik Sense is a lot less than a guide analytics QlikView app, so if the objects did transfer you would just spend a whole lot of time deleting objects and modifying them.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent point.

QlikView and Qlik Sense are different creatures even if they are based on the same data model, otherwise it doesn't make much sense to have both.

In fact, I expect that the data models for Qlik Sense are going to be simple, no need for "specials" that are needed sometimes only to support front end objects.