Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frederickjones
Contributor
Contributor

Exporting Maps

Hey guys,

I have a map with the top 1000 cities by sales plotted on it. I take a snapshot of the map with the sales and then add the snapshot to a slide in a story. Everything looks great.

Then, I simply export the story to PowerPoint and the map DOES NOT APPEAR. It's only the data points on the white background. I've tried changing the map types multiple times. I'm using a Point Layer data map. I've tried just using the map service and I've also tried using custom maps. Nothing gets the actual map to export successfully to PowerPoint.

What am I doing wrong? How do I get the actual map along with the data point to export successfully to PowerPoint?

Thanks guys,

Frederick Jones

5 Replies
steverosebrook
Contributor III
Contributor III

I just noticed this issue too.  I tried taking a snapshot and doing a story, and then exporting - but that doesn't work either.  I'm hoping someone from Qlik will reply to this, as this seems to be a bug.

Not applicable

Ditto - Trying to do the same with only ten data points.

Surely this isn't a limitation of the map chart and we're not the only people facing this problem? This is potentially a deal-breaker for our client.

Not applicable

Has anyone found a resolution to this?  We're hitting the same problem.

pedromsouza
Creator
Creator

This issue remains in May 2019. 

Qliking since '09
eoinboylan
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

I'm having the same issue in the June 2019 version, map background does not show when exporting.

However, export to Image works and exporting in Portrait also shows the map. 

The issue appears to be specifically with Landscape and Fit to Page options, as detailed here: https://support.qlik.com/articles/000066952

I am not exporting a story however, but it might be worth changing these options when you try to export?