cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bmartin_hm
Contributor
Contributor

Exporting Users Admin Roles

I can see a list of all our users along with their Admin Role, but I have no way of exporting it into an excel spreadsheet for analysis. I did find the link, but after 4 years I'm hopeful this functionality would be more embedded for security auditing purposes. Our company needs to create new roles and assign them to the appropriate people while revoking the old (implementing a new standard).

Link: https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-Qlik-Sense/How-to-export-list-of-users-from-QMC/td-p/1062143

Labels (3)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

My recommendation will be you create a connection to Postgres database (That Qlik uses for storing the configuration) as a data source and pull the data from that using below query.

SELECT "ID",
"UserId",
"UserDirectory",
"Name",
"RolesString",
"Inactive",
"CreatedDate",
"ModifiedDate",
"ModifiedByUserName",
"RemovedExternally",
"Blacklisted",
"DeleteProhibited"
FROM "public"."Users"
where "RolesString" = 'RootAdmin';

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @bmartin_hm 

I know this is an old thread, but I can highly recommend Export Qlik Sense QMC Tab, which is a Chrome extension:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/export-qlik-sense-qmc-tab/dbnjjihpapafmihpnionckfipbmalhko

It is a simple plugin that allows you to save tables from QMC to a file or copy onto your clipboard.

Steve

View solution in original post

4 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

My recommendation will be you create a connection to Postgres database (That Qlik uses for storing the configuration) as a data source and pull the data from that using below query.

SELECT "ID",
"UserId",
"UserDirectory",
"Name",
"RolesString",
"Inactive",
"CreatedDate",
"ModifiedDate",
"ModifiedByUserName",
"RemovedExternally",
"Blacklisted",
"DeleteProhibited"
FROM "public"."Users"
where "RolesString" = 'RootAdmin';

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
bmartin_hm
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Forgive me for the dumb questions. I've been supporting other applications for our company and Qlik Sense is one that was recently added.

I'm not finding the name of that database. Is there a place I can look to get that info or do you know the default database name? Also, for credentials to query the data. Is Root Admin good enough or does it need to be an 'sa' account (if so, what is the default password for an sa account)?

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi The database name is QRS.

But if you want to query you should connect using the same user which was used while installing Qlik Sense Repository.

Check with your installation team about user credentials.

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @bmartin_hm 

I know this is an old thread, but I can highly recommend Export Qlik Sense QMC Tab, which is a Chrome extension:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/export-qlik-sense-qmc-tab/dbnjjihpapafmihpnionckfipbmalhko

It is a simple plugin that allows you to save tables from QMC to a file or copy onto your clipboard.

Steve