Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
debmsarkar123
Contributor III
Contributor III

Exporting a subset of fields from chart in a dashboard

Hi

I have a dashboard in which I have a chart which has lot of fields but I only want to export a subset of the fields( this is predetermined and doesnt change), how can I achieve this in qlikview?

Labels (5)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
anthonyj
Creator III
Creator III

Hi @debmsarkar123 ,

I'm not a Qlikview expert so I'll give an example of how you can achieve this using Qlik Sense terminology. I hope the functionality is still the same.

The technique you can use sets up a button that switches a variable from True to False. In the show/hide section of the properties for your table you can add a condition on the fields that you don't want exported so that you can push the button, hide these columns, and export the rest.

First create the variable and set it to -1 for True.

Add a button to your visualisation for the switch. Under 'Action' choose to 'Set a variable value'. Add the variable name in here (may need to be in single quotes) and for the value add, for example: =Not(vVariable)

Now, in the properties of the tables and the fields you want to hide go to the 'Show column if' and add your variable. Eg:  vVariable= -1

So when you go into the report the fields will be visible. You can then click the button and vVariable will change from -1 to 0 and the condition will remove the fields. You should be able to then export only the left over columns.

I hope this works for you.

Thanks

Anthony

View solution in original post

1 Reply
anthonyj
Creator III
Creator III

Hi @debmsarkar123 ,

I'm not a Qlikview expert so I'll give an example of how you can achieve this using Qlik Sense terminology. I hope the functionality is still the same.

The technique you can use sets up a button that switches a variable from True to False. In the show/hide section of the properties for your table you can add a condition on the fields that you don't want exported so that you can push the button, hide these columns, and export the rest.

First create the variable and set it to -1 for True.

Add a button to your visualisation for the switch. Under 'Action' choose to 'Set a variable value'. Add the variable name in here (may need to be in single quotes) and for the value add, for example: =Not(vVariable)

Now, in the properties of the tables and the fields you want to hide go to the 'Show column if' and add your variable. Eg:  vVariable= -1

So when you go into the report the fields will be visible. You can then click the button and vVariable will change from -1 to 0 and the condition will remove the fields. You should be able to then export only the left over columns.

I hope this works for you.

Thanks

Anthony