Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mark4
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Exporting to Excel - boxes around chr() arrows

Using a chr() unicode function I get arrows displayed:

=if([Hist Asmt is Current]= '1', IF([Hist Asmt Progress] = 'Steady Performance', [Hist Asmt Rating] & ' ' & chr(9654),IF([Hist Asmt Progress] = 'Negative Performance', [Hist Asmt Rating] & ' ' & chr(9660),IF([Hist Asmt Progress] = 'Positive Performance', [Hist Asmt Rating] & ' ' & chr(9650)))))

clipboard_image_0.png

When I export data and view in excel, the left and right arrows are in boxes:

Capture1.PNG

I want the arrows, but I don't want the boxes. Has anyone seen this before?

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mark4
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

@Vegar  My client didnt like the hollow arrows, we have a lot of apps with the solid arrows so they wanted to be consistent.  I ended up using the following:

=If([Hist Asmt is Current]= '1',
IF([Hist Asmt Progress] = 'Steady Performance', [Hist Asmt Rating] & ' ' & chr(9658),
IF([Hist Asmt Progress] = 'Negative Performance', [Hist Asmt Rating] & ' ' & chr(9660),
IF([Hist Asmt Progress] = 'Positive Performance', [Hist Asmt Rating] & ' ' & chr(9650)))))

Had to monkey around with it but it was delivered, thank you for the guidance!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Because, Excel will read for Chr() as boxes around. So, Solution may be Macro to remove the boxes after exporting into Excel.

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Vegar
MVP
MVP

A  work around could  be to switch from black to white. I think these will work better.

=if([Hist Asmt is Current]= '1', IF([Hist Asmt Progress] = 'Steady Performance', [Hist Asmt Rating] & ' ' & chr(9655),IF([Hist Asmt Progress] = 'Negative Performance', [Hist Asmt Rating] & ' ' & chr(9661),IF([Hist Asmt Progress] = 'Positive Performance', [Hist Asmt Rating] & ' ' & chr(9651)))))

Mark4
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thanks @Vegar , this worked great!

Mark4
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

@Vegar  My client didnt like the hollow arrows, we have a lot of apps with the solid arrows so they wanted to be consistent.  I ended up using the following:

=If([Hist Asmt is Current]= '1',
IF([Hist Asmt Progress] = 'Steady Performance', [Hist Asmt Rating] & ' ' & chr(9658),
IF([Hist Asmt Progress] = 'Negative Performance', [Hist Asmt Rating] & ' ' & chr(9660),
IF([Hist Asmt Progress] = 'Positive Performance', [Hist Asmt Rating] & ' ' & chr(9650)))))

Had to monkey around with it but it was delivered, thank you for the guidance!