Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mark4
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Exporting to Excel - boxes around chr() arrows

Using a chr() unicode function I get arrows displayed:

=if([Hist Asmt is Current]= '1', IF([Hist Asmt Progress] = 'Steady Performance', [Hist Asmt Rating] & ' ' & chr(9654),IF([Hist Asmt Progress] = 'Negative Performance', [Hist Asmt Rating] & ' ' & chr(9660),IF([Hist Asmt Progress] = 'Positive Performance', [Hist Asmt Rating] & ' ' & chr(9650)))))

clipboard_image_0.png

When I export data and view in excel, the left and right arrows are in boxes:

Capture1.PNG

I want the arrows, but I don't want the boxes. Has anyone seen this before?

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mark4
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

@Vegar  My client didnt like the hollow arrows, we have a lot of apps with the solid arrows so they wanted to be consistent.  I ended up using the following:

=If([Hist Asmt is Current]= '1',
IF([Hist Asmt Progress] = 'Steady Performance', [Hist Asmt Rating] & ' ' & chr(9658),
IF([Hist Asmt Progress] = 'Negative Performance', [Hist Asmt Rating] & ' ' & chr(9660),
IF([Hist Asmt Progress] = 'Positive Performance', [Hist Asmt Rating] & ' ' & chr(9650)))))

Had to monkey around with it but it was delivered, thank you for the guidance!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Because, Excel will read for Chr() as boxes around. So, Solution may be Macro to remove the boxes after exporting into Excel.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Vegar
MVP
MVP

A  work around could  be to switch from black to white. I think these will work better.

=if([Hist Asmt is Current]= '1', IF([Hist Asmt Progress] = 'Steady Performance', [Hist Asmt Rating] & ' ' & chr(9655),IF([Hist Asmt Progress] = 'Negative Performance', [Hist Asmt Rating] & ' ' & chr(9661),IF([Hist Asmt Progress] = 'Positive Performance', [Hist Asmt Rating] & ' ' & chr(9651)))))

Mark4
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thanks @Vegar , this worked great!

Mark4
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

@Vegar  My client didnt like the hollow arrows, we have a lot of apps with the solid arrows so they wanted to be consistent.  I ended up using the following:

=If([Hist Asmt is Current]= '1',
IF([Hist Asmt Progress] = 'Steady Performance', [Hist Asmt Rating] & ' ' & chr(9658),
IF([Hist Asmt Progress] = 'Negative Performance', [Hist Asmt Rating] & ' ' & chr(9660),
IF([Hist Asmt Progress] = 'Positive Performance', [Hist Asmt Rating] & ' ' & chr(9650)))))

Had to monkey around with it but it was delivered, thank you for the guidance!