Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Express KPI of Year (Today)

Dear all,

I want to express the sum of external services per revenue of the current year. The external services is defined by (Kosten + Materialeinkauf), the revenue is defined by (Erlös + Schlussrechnung).

I use the following formula:

KPI.JPG

But the result stays -, so there must be a mistake. Can anyone spot what I did wrong?

Thank you.

Regards

Tom Müller

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

ahh .... got it.. my mistake . didn't see today() had one extra bracket

=(Sum({1<Year={"$(=Year(Today()))"}>}Kosten)+Sum({1<Year={"$(=Year(Today()))"}>}Materialeinkauf))

/(Sum({1<Year={"$(=Year(Today()))"}>}[Erlös])+Sum({1<Year={"$(=Year(Today()))"}>}Schlussrechnung))

Learning never stops.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

try removing the '=' after $

why is '=' there btw? and you can't do sum(sum()) and ' <' is missing . copy paste your expression with a little explanation so that we can help you better

Learning never stops.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply, my forumla looks like this now:

(Sum({$Year={"$(=Year(Today)())"}>}(Sum(Kosten)+Sum(Materialeinkauf))))/((Sum({$Year={"$(=Year(Today)())"}>})(Sum([Erlös]))+Sum(Schlussrechnung)))

But the result is the same, there is no output.

I copied the formula from a youtube QLIK Course, as it worked I expected it to work with my data too.

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

not sure about the requirement but this is the best i can think off

=(Sum({<Year={"$(=Year(Today)())"}>}Kosten)+Sum({<Year={"$(=Year(Today)())"}>}Materialeinkauf))

/(Sum({<Year={"$(=Year(Today)())"}>}[Erlös])+Sum({<Year={"$(=Year(Today)())"}>}Schlussrechnung))

Learning never stops.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Now the result is equal to (((Sum(Kosten)+Sum(Materialeinkauf))/((Sum(([Erlös]))+Sum(Schlussrechnung))))), so it includes the set filter.

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

as i told you i am not aware of your requirement so you have to explain . and you are probably getting data for 2018. check if you have any different years.

Learning never stops.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

My requirement is to get a KPI that displays the amount of costs, that external services caused in ratio to my revenue for the current year. So the value of the KPI shall stay the same when I change my filters.

Thanks for your help anyway and sorry for my bad explanations, as english is not my native language the technical terms aren't always in my mind.

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

Try this

=(Sum({1<Year={"$(=Year(Today)())"}>}Kosten)+Sum({1<Year={"$(=Year(Today)())"}>}Materialeinkauf))

/(Sum({1<Year={"$(=Year(Today)())"}>}[Erlös])+Sum({1<Year={"$(=Year(Today)())"}>}Schlussrechnung))

It's fine my friend. Knowledge in English is not the only parameter to measure someone capability. Cheers.

Learning never stops.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply. I think we're getting closer. Now the value stays the same, but it shows the result of all given data, but not of the current year. Seems to be logic for me as "1" includes (as far as my knowledge goes) all given data. But I wonder, why "$" doesn't work, maybe  do I have to change something else in my data editor?

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

ahh .... got it.. my mistake . didn't see today() had one extra bracket

=(Sum({1<Year={"$(=Year(Today()))"}>}Kosten)+Sum({1<Year={"$(=Year(Today()))"}>}Materialeinkauf))

/(Sum({1<Year={"$(=Year(Today()))"}>}[Erlös])+Sum({1<Year={"$(=Year(Today()))"}>}Schlussrechnung))

Learning never stops.