Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Express KPI of Year (Today)

Dear all,

I want to express the sum of external services per revenue of the current year. The external services is defined by (Kosten + Materialeinkauf), the revenue is defined by (Erlös + Schlussrechnung).

I use the following formula:

KPI.JPG

But the result stays -, so there must be a mistake. Can anyone spot what I did wrong?

Thank you.

Regards

Tom Müller

13 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You're right, there was a mistake. But it's not the solution, furthermore the formula equals to (((Sum(Kosten)+Sum(Materialeinkauf))/((Sum(([Erlös]))+Sum(Schlussrechnung))))).

What I could find out is, that the perimeter Year(Today()) is ignored, as I can change today to any other word, but nothing happens.

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

As per my understanding it should work. may be i am missing something .

stalwar1‌ may help you.

Learning never stops.
sunny_talwar

Will check in a bit

sunny_talwar

Don't see any obvious mistakes in this expression

=(Sum({1<Year = {"$(=Year(Today()))"}>} Kosten) + Sum({1<Year = {"$(=Year(Today()))"}>} Materialeinkauf))

/(Sum({1<Year = {"$(=Year(Today()))"}>} [Erlös]) + Sum({1<Year = {"$(=Year(Today()))"}>} Schlussrechnung))

But I am going to ask few questions which may sound stupid, but are the problem a lot of the times

1) Do you have a field called Year? If not, are you replacing Year above with your Year field?

2) Qlik Sense has a auto generated calendar, is your field auto generated year field? If it is, the set analysis might not work on those fields

Derived fields not working in Set Analysis‌ To fix this, create a new field in the script

3) Is Year field linked to everything else in your database? If isn't, then set analysis can't really do anything