Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ronman10
Creator
Creator

Expression for colour by measure

Hi Guys,

I have 3 different measures representing my data and I am looking am looking for an expression to add different colors to my bar chart through an expression. Any help would be appreciated.

I have sales data from 2015-2018 and wanted to add growth rates over the years as a KPI. How can this be achieved through an expression? Please advice.

Regards,

Rony

18 Replies
big_dreams
Creator III
Creator III

can you provide sample qvf??

Regards,

aslam24196
Contributor III
Contributor III

Go to the expression tab, click on the desired measure. There will be a '+' icon. Click Background Color and and give a desired RGB() Function.

You can also give basic colors as Function like Red() ,Green(), Black().

aslam24196
Contributor III
Contributor III

or if you are looking to change the color based on value like red for low, yellow for normal and green for high. you can give if conditions in the same Background color expression box

vishweshwarisun
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi,

to give the colour by measure you will have to add the expression in the master item.

ronman10
Creator
Creator
Author

Max,

I have started a new discussion with the same subject line and have added a sample qvf there. I am not getting the advanced editor option while replying to you here.

Thanks,

Rony

ronman10
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Vishweshwari,

How do we do that?

vishweshwarisun
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

hi,

In the left hand side there is a master item you have to create a master measure with the expression which u have and give the colour according to your requirement

Capture5.PNG

ronman10
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you Vishweshwari!

ronman10
Creator
Creator
Author

Vishweshwari,

One more question. I have sales data from 2015-2018 and wanted to add growth rates over the years as a KPI. How can this be achieved through an expression?

Regards,

Rony