Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kerkying
Partner Ambassador Alumni
Partner Ambassador Alumni

Expression validation for entire QVF workbook across all chart objects

Hi Experts,

While undergoing development, there are changes to the data model that requires me make changes to a large number of expressions.

I have about 20 straight tables, each with about 40 dimensions/measures. 

The change is something like changing TABLE_A.fieldA to TABLE_B.fieldA but I need to make this change one by one in all the dimensions/measures expression. I have not made the tables prefix a variable either.

Question 1: Is there a faster way to do this, like how we can find+replace in the Load Script? 

Question 2: Even if I do make all the changes, in the event that I miss out any changes, I understand that QlikSense does not have an explicit error message to inform me that my expression is invalid. Is there any way, even an external application that can help to do this check?

Labels (6)
1 Reply
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

In the current situation, you can not do much.

But if you would have used the master items then it would have been much easy for you. All you would have needed to do is change master item expression and it will change all charts and graphs where you have used it.

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!