Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
damoreno18
Contributor II
Contributor II

Extension SelectRangeData is not working propperly

Hello Team, 

I am trying to create a Filter to select a range of dates in my table, instead of selecting one by one, so i can see the items between them, but when it select both dates, it doesn't do anything.

I used the SelectRangeDate extension and i completed it in this way: issue SelectRangeDate.JPG

Please, could you tell me what i am doing wrong? I am using QlikSense server

Thanks for your help!

Regards

Daniela

Labels (3)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
cpomeren003
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Basically what I am asking, what is the format of the dates in the field: "TRANS_DATE".

You could either check in the data model, or just put these =MIN({1} TRANS_DATE) and =MAX({1} TRANS_DATE) in KPI's and see what they show.

One of the problems I always have with dates, is that it expects a certain format, in this case: MM/DD/YYYY, but maybe your data is formatted like YYYYMMDD and then it doesn't work.

View solution in original post

damoreno18
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Cpmeren003,

I could solved the issue replacing this  formula ,where i defined the field,  =Date(<my-data-field-name>) and the DataPicker worked fine.

There  was a problem with the field format.  

Thanks for your help!

Regards 

Daniela

View solution in original post

7 Replies
cpomeren003
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

What does your =MIN({1} TRANS_DATE) and =MAX({1} TRANS_DATE) evaluate to? It might not evaluate to the correct format.

damoreno18
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Cpomeren003, 

I tried to follow this guide : https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/February2019/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Visualizations/Dashb...

I set the values min Date and Max Date following this section "Setting the available date range", but the data from the grid table is still not properly shown. 

Is there any configuration i am missing?

Thanks

cpomeren003
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Basically what I am asking, what is the format of the dates in the field: "TRANS_DATE".

You could either check in the data model, or just put these =MIN({1} TRANS_DATE) and =MAX({1} TRANS_DATE) in KPI's and see what they show.

One of the problems I always have with dates, is that it expects a certain format, in this case: MM/DD/YYYY, but maybe your data is formatted like YYYYMMDD and then it doesn't work.
damoreno18
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Cpomeren003, 

The field TRANS_DATE has this format MM/DD/YYY as you can see in the below image . 

TRANS_DATE.JPG

I am trying to filter dates 10/28/2018 and 10/29/2018 so i can see the other items related to that range.

I might be missing some configuration.

Thanks for your help!

Regards

Daniela

cpomeren003
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi Damoreno18, If you add a brand new 'Date Picker' object to a sheet and then look over to 'Date field' and then click on the dropdown with 'Select a value'. Do you see TRANS_DATE there? Or do you have to manually input it?
damoreno18
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Cpmeren003,

I could solved the issue replacing this  formula ,where i defined the field,  =Date(<my-data-field-name>) and the DataPicker worked fine.

There  was a problem with the field format.  

Thanks for your help!

Regards 

Daniela

cpomeren003
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Good to hear you solved it!

I just knew it was something with the field format, because it's always the problem I have ;). In the future you can just check if the date picker auto suggest your field. If it doesn't you need to either change your data through the script or use =date() as you did.

Have a nice day/evening!