Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eMakhlouf
Contributor
Contributor

External Program is hanging on QMC

Hello,

I have an External Program task on Qlik Sense that executes a .bat file. The batch file is running manually but when I start the task, it hangs. The issue is appearing on Prod server whereas it is running on Dev server. 

I checked the security access and it is fine on both server.

Also checked the log file, it says "task started".

Any thoughts why I am having this behavior.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
6 Replies
johnkelsey
Contributor
Contributor

@eMakhlouf @locor 

Did yo get any solution? I am facing the same issue.

eMakhlouf
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi,

I could not find a solution for this. I did enable executing command line from script and moved my batch script to load script.

Do the following:

1. Go to Settings.ini file and include:
    1. StandardReload=0
    2. OverrideScriptSecurity=1
  2. Save the file.
  3. Restart Qlik Sense Engine Service (QES).

medicd
Contributor
Contributor

i am also facing the same problem if any one get the solution please inform me here.

Sebastian_Linser

Hello,

Is it possible to share a example of the batch file you are trying to run?

Best regards 

Sebastian 

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! 🙂
ginawyllie
Contributor
Contributor

If an External Program task in Qlik Sense hangs on your Prod server but runs on Dev, despite similar security settings, there may be environment-specific factors at play. Possible causes include server resource limitations, differences in server configurations, or restrictions on the production server that affect task execution. To troubleshoot, review server settings, available resources, and any environment-specific constraints that may be affecting the task's execution. https://www.wjsmithconstruction.com/

AudreiWetmore
Contributor
Contributor

Subject: Urgent: External Program Hang in QMC

Hi 

Hope you're well. We've got an issue - an external program is hanging on QMC. It's causing [briefly describe impact]. We're on it, but need your input for a quick fix. Any insights?

Thanks,