Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andres_corredor
Contributor III
Contributor III

External drive connection

Hi guys,

I am trying to create a connection to an external folder but it does not appear as option.. any clue.

Pd. I have already added it as new drive and I can reach it from Windows Explorer but not from QMC

Thanks

Folder Options.jpg

26 Replies
rohitk1609
Master
Master

Hi Andres,

Please use UNC path from remote login on server not from outside of server. It will work.

andres_corredor
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Rohit,

Sorry, just trying to understand what you mean, the following are the steps I have done

Server 1 - external server

Server 2 - Qlik sense server

1. Remote login to Server 2

2. Go localhost/hub

3. Create a new Test App -> Create new connection -> Folder

4. \\IP Server 1\rest of the path

Is that what you mean?

Error.png

Thank you!

Andres

rohitk1609
Master
Master

Hi Andreas,

Can you show me via skype what exactly is happening. Please ping me kuma.rohit1609@gmail.com

barry_stevens
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Andres - see my comment...

you need to put the sharename \\IP Server 1\SHARENAME\rest of the path

andres_corredor
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Barry,

What do you mean with SHAREDNAME?

If I would type on Win Explorer on Qlike sense server the following ie: \\10.16.25.34\RootShared\Data\DataTest, I get the file I need to pull from QlikSense.

Do I need to put anything else somewhere?

Thanks,

barry_stevens
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Does the service account running qlik services have access to that share and folder - ie can the account access the location outside of qlik - assuming it is not the one you are logged in as...

Sent from my iPhone

andres_corredor
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I am logged in with my user on the server as well as my work station. I can access to the location from my work station and from Qlik sense server as well..

barry_stevens
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Andres.

Qlik generally runs with a service account not a personal account, have a look under your services - does that user have access to the location you are trying to access?

Barry

rohitk1609
Master
Master

Hi Andres,

Go to services=> right click on any of services => properties => Log On => check which user name is there , this is what Barry is asking

bgc
Employee
Employee

Hello Andres,

Just try only \\<ServerName> or <ipaddress>\ and see if it list the folders which are shared and try to navigate to the location. 

-> When you are accessing it from the explorer, is it asking for any permission to be granted ?

Thanks

Tom Issac