Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danqlik
Contributor II
Contributor II

FX Conversion using a weighted average FX Rate

Hi Everyone - hope you are having a good day.

Some of my data is collected in South African Rand (ZAR) and i need to convert it into Euros (EUR). The data comes in once a month everyone month and so there is a new FX rate that needs to be used each month to convert the data. In order to convert the data into EURs i need to use a weighted average of the FX rate  as there are multiple contributing factors, which means the previous months FX rates need to also be taken into consideration.

I have attached an excel spreadsheet with an example of the data, the white columns is raw data that would be given to me and the yellow column is the column i am trying to calculate.

In Qliksense i have created the following formula to try and replicate this yellow column: 

sum([Net Loss due to non Performing Loan (ZAR)])/(RangeSum(Above(Total Sum([FX Forward Rate]*[Expected Collection (ZAR)]),0,RowNo(TOTAL)))/Rangesum(Above(Total Sum([Expected Collection (ZAR)]), 0, RowNo(Total))))

My issue however is that the above calculation gives me answers which are roughly half of the correct values, e.g. instead of 518.74 the value is 258.96. 

I have figured out that the issue arises in the bold section of the calculation above, where my aim was to do a cumulative sum product. The bold section of the calculation is double what i would have expected which is what is causing the halving in the final answer.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks so much in advance,

Dan

Labels (5)
0 Replies