Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kenji_Masicat
Contributor III
Contributor III

FY Expression

Hi guys,

What will be the expression if I want to get the FY? May date format is DD/MM/YYYY.

Thanks a lot.

Br,

Kenji

Labels (3)
7 Replies
vikasmahajan

Hi,

Step 1: Create Fiscal year using following script:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/App-Development/Master-Calender/m-p/1883271#M72729

Step 2: Show Sales for current fiscal year

sum(   {<  Fiscalyear =  { "$(=max(FiscalYear)) " }   >}   Sales) 

Previous Year

sum(   {<  Fiscalyear =  { "$(=max(FiscalYear)-1) " }   >}   Sales) 

Hope this help you.

Thanks

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
Kenji_Masicat
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Vikasmahajan,

Thanks for the prompt response. The expression computes but it is short of the expectations.

I filtered the year to 2022 and should be getting FY21 results.

Kenji_Masicat_0-1645420356450.png

Kenji_Masicat
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

The result is the same for both (previous & current)  expressions. What could be the issue? Thank you

vikasmahajan

Hi,

Please check with date is linked properly :

also refer this link for details set analysis period 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-Documents/Date-Level-Analysis-WTD-MTD-QTD-YTD-Current-Year-Pr...

Thanks

Vikas

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
vikasmahajan

can you share sample data

Vikas

anthonyj
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Kenji,

I suspect that you haven't created a FiscalYear column, rather that you are using the native calendar year, so your Max function is only returning the Max calendar year of 2022.
What @vikasmahajan is saying is that once you create a column in the script that is calculated from your date column and returns the fiscal year (eg: Starting in July), you'll be able to use the expression he has supplied above to return those values.

For example:

In your script you create a column using something like below (Assuming the fiscal year begins in July):

Data:

load

if(month([Date]) < 7,

Year([Date])-1,  Year([Date])) as FiscalYear

From YourDataFile.QVD;

This will return a numeric value. Using 28/02/2022 as an example would return: 21

Once the date goes past 01/07/2022 the FiscalYear will return: 22

Assuming you don't have any future dates in your data the Max function currently will return 21 for all records where [Date] is greater than 30/06/2021.

I hope this helps Kenji and that I have assumed your response correctly @vikasmahajan .

Thank you
Anthony

Kenji_Masicat
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks a lot @anthonyj and @vikasmahajan . 🙂 I will work on this later and give you feedback. 🙂