Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Failed to get app becuse there is no app loaded?

Got this error message today using 1.1 version of Qlik Sense Server.

I know experienced on several occasions corrupted apps, and at one time sheets disappearing and now this. Will this be fixed in the next version? Is it a known issues?

The stability of Qlik Sense Server is not good when you loose content you created, and with no build in backup feature or version control you feel a huge uncertainty developing. Manually backing up your apps shouldn't be necassary in an Enterprise product like Qlik Sense Server.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi everyone,

I got some help from our consulting firm. They suggested looking in to the EXIT() function. The problem I have is that I have Qlik Sense 2.1.1 installed on an EC2 instance that we shut down after business hours to save some money. If a reload task is running when the shutdown is taking places that corrupts the file. So we fixed it with a exit script that is referenced from every other script at the beginning of the qvs file.

Exit.qvs

Let vExitStartTime = Num(MakeTime(6,20),'0.000','.');

Let vExitEndTime = Num(MakeTime(18,30),'0.000','.');

Let vNow = MakeTime(Hour(Now()),Minute(Now()));

Let vNowNum = Num(vNow,'0.000','.');

If( $(vNowNum)<$(vExitStartTime) OR $(vNowNum)>$(vExitEndTime)) Then;

TRACE $(vNowNum);

TRACE $(vExitStartTime);

TRACE $(vExitEndTime);

TRACE $(vNow);

TRACE 'Exit Script';

Exit Script;

END if

And this is how you reference it from another script file.

$(Must_Include=[lib://YOUR_SCRIPT FOLDER/Exit.qvs]);

The traces is just to log what's happening at what times. This is because I don't trust Qlik Sense notion of time. All my reload tasked was 1 hour early because day light savings last week and I had to delete the events and create a new for it to work properly.

On other thing is that the IF statement needs to use a number format with a "." as decimal separator, doesn't work if your local number format uses a "," instead.

Best regards

Karl

View solution in original post

18 Replies
Not applicable
Author

When I tried to duplicate the app in the QMC i got this error instead.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

any news on that ?

erikkorme
Contributor III
Contributor III

No reply from Qlik on this one?

Not applicable
Author

Nope, but I haven't had it happen again so I guess it was some bug that they fixed in a later version.

erikkorme
Contributor III
Contributor III

Ok, thanks for the update. We experienced the issue as well, luckily it was an app still in development so no harm done.

Not applicable
Author

Faced with the same issue. How did you handled with it? Will republishing help? Will we lose all our published diagrams?

erikkorme
Contributor III
Contributor III

We did not find any solution, other than recreating the app. We had a copy in "My work" that was uncorrupted. Unfortunately though, all Community-sheets were unrecoverable.

quriouss
Creator III
Creator III

Did you try re-importing the app?  (Go into the server, find the file for the app, then import it again through QMC)?  In my (very limited) experience it seems like it might have been a database issue rather than a corrupted QVF file.

(I'm not suggesting this is the ideal solution, but I'd be interested if there is a Qlik Sense issue or a database issue - of course I would expect neither!)

Not applicable
Author

I tried everything, starting from reimporting, ending with replacing apps in the app folder. Nothing helped.

I tried different versions of Qlik Sense, nothing helped too.