Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moojahid2
Partner - Contributor III

Failed to import app Qlik sense QMC

Hi,

I am trying to import certain app at qlik sense by QMC but faced certain error:

Invalid path [4]:Invalid path (Path longer than 260 characters) (HTTP code: 500) 37543937-a22e-4ae6-82b5-65147fdb8b69

This is to mention that I can import other apps from the same location then why received such error (Path longer than 260 characters) as well as same app can be accessed by Qlik sense desktop.

4 Replies
balabhaskarqlik

Check the below link: (Some of the images having longer name)

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/April2018/Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/import-apps.htm

Browse to the app (qvf file) you want to import and click Open.

If the app includes an image with a long file name, so that the full path to the image is longer than 260 characters, the import will fail. Reduce the image file name if the path is too long.

moojahid2
Author

Hi Bala Bhaskar,

The app is downloaded from demo.qlik.com named "02.CEM Communications.qvf" which is working fine with Qlik sense desktop however couldn't import same app to Qlik sense QMC.

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Try renaming the app and import it?

moojahid2
Author

Yep I renamed with only 3 Character like "CEM.qvf" instead of "02.CEM Communications.qvf".

Please have the app link below to try by yourself:

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.