Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yeseh
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Failing reload tasks, no information from logfiles

Hello Qlik Community,

One of our customers has run into an issue where three specific reload tasks from the QMC fail repeatedly. Manual reloading through the QMC also leads to failed reloads, but manual reloading from the app itself works fine. The script error logs of the failed apps only give Execution Failed and Execution Finished without any additional errors or warnings, but the reload stops at the same point in the script each time.

Reloads of other apps that are scheduled around the same time are also reloading properly, so server/engine issues seem unlikely.

I'm personally suspecting some rights or connection issues but the user that is starting the reload (sa_scheduler) has full access to the applications in question.

Does anyone have an idea what could cause this issue?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jepeerik
Contributor III
Contributor III

I had the same issue, after upgrading from QS April 2018 to November 2018. Reloads containing Section access were failing when reloaded by a task in QMC, and succeeded when reloading manually in Hub.

Logging was only showing 'Reload failed' at the end of the logging.

Solution: add the 'INTERNAL\SA_SCHEDULER' user to Section Access and the tasks are reloading successful again.

Sharing knowledge increases your knowledge

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Do those documents have Section Access? If so is the INTERNAL\SA_SCHEDULER user included in the section access table?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Digvijay_Singh

We have similar issue with one specific load, yet couldn't figure out the real issue but I am hearing around that it could be that source data is being written at the same time when Qlik is trying to reload from the same source. But in our case manual reload from QMC works fine, we normally do the QMC manual reload after 2-3 hours so not sure if it would have failed if reloaded manually just after it failed. Its just with singe reload so we haven't spent much time to understand it further.
Yeseh
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes sa_scheduler is included in the section access table.

UPDATE: The customer got a part of the script to work, differences in the log show that the working one is succeeding in creating search indexes on the fact table. The failing script errors out right before this indexing.

jepeerik
Contributor III
Contributor III

I had the same issue, after upgrading from QS April 2018 to November 2018. Reloads containing Section access were failing when reloaded by a task in QMC, and succeeded when reloading manually in Hub.

Logging was only showing 'Reload failed' at the end of the logging.

Solution: add the 'INTERNAL\SA_SCHEDULER' user to Section Access and the tasks are reloading successful again.

Sharing knowledge increases your knowledge
Yeseh
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Heya,

This is indeed the solution, also given earlier in this thread. The customer didn't use all caps for the section access table so it didn't work before.

Also important to give SA_SCHEDULER admin rights in section access.

Thanks for the replies!

loicdesse
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hello,

Thank you, that's exactly what I was looking for 🙂

cjmckenna
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Exactly what I was looking for, thank you!
umamaheswarareddy
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi Jepeerik,

I have created one task that will reload the the app1 daily at 4.30. I have created on task event for app2, this will depend on app1, this is also running successful. after this i have created another task event for app3 for this i have placed dependency on app2. this is not reloading as expected.

from your solution i understand to add that notation in section access. i have added but unable to get task successful.

please suggest, i have used your 'INTERNAL\SA_SCHEDULER' as it is. in my section access code.