Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rich5678
Contributor III
Contributor III

Field Names starting with "%" sign

Hi,

I am working with a Qlik Sense application that was built by someone, who is not with our company anymore.

In the Fields list on Sheet Tab, I see some Fields that start with a %sign.

For example "%BusinessDate". For example, in this field, I don't see Business Dates, but I see a sequence of numbers from 1 to 25,000 (apparently looks like a Row Number within the table).

Is there any special significance to these Field Names that start with % sign?

Thanks.

Labels (5)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Rich,

We use the % to mentioned 'key fields' in a table. That are the fields we link other (dimensional) tables to. The 1 to 25.000 are the numerical numbers of a date. Enter a date in Excel, say today, and create a number of that field. You will see it will says 44788:

JordyWegman_0-1660543878733.png

So your %BusinessDate is used to say, this the important date field of this table. And you can link a calendar to see all related data on different date levels (days/weeks/months/years).

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Rich,

We use the % to mentioned 'key fields' in a table. That are the fields we link other (dimensional) tables to. The 1 to 25.000 are the numerical numbers of a date. Enter a date in Excel, say today, and create a number of that field. You will see it will says 44788:

JordyWegman_0-1660543878733.png

So your %BusinessDate is used to say, this the important date field of this table. And you can link a calendar to see all related data on different date levels (days/weeks/months/years).

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder
Rich5678
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Many thanks